Thermal devices work on the principle of detecting infrared radiation, also known as energy. Instead of operating in a visible light spectrum of 400-700nm (such as regular binoculars or scopes), thermal imagers detect waves of energy as high as 17,000nm or 17µm, which are beyond our capability to observe with naked eye. The infrared signal is received by the thermal device and is then converted into an electrical signal by the thermal sensor (called microbolometer), located inside the unit and that electrical signal is then displayed on the micro display located near the ocular (eyepiece).
All of Full-Moon Optics thermal day/night vision devices employ ULIS Pico Gen2™ Thermal Sensors, made in France, which feature shutter-free and NUC free performance combined with excellent image resolution and sharp contrast, as well as an extremely user-friendly and reliable interface allowing for numerous useful features to be easily implemented in the complete system. (Pico Gen2 is a trademark of LYNRED Corporation).
As with the digital night vision, every thermal imaging device requires batteries or an external power source to operate. Unlike a daylight scope, where you see the image due to light traveling through the glass and the prisms, the thermal imaging device works by projecting the image onto a micro-display. While the thermal sensor is the crucial component of any thermal device, the image display quality is also very important to have the best possible direct-view image clarity and best field of view.
The entire family of Full-Moon thermal products employs innovative High Resolution 1,024 x 768 AMOLED displays allowing for extra sharp contrast even in the low-light conditions – made in France by MICROOLED corporation. Since the image is projected on the screen, it has certain limited resolution…so please do not expect your thermal device to provide the same crystal clear and full-color image as you would see through your daylight scope. The main advantage of any thermal device is that it detects heat signatures in the conditions where seeing your target is virtually impossible with your naked eye.
- Industry-first compact Thermal Monocular with built-in Laser Rangefinder
- Proprietary GENESIS Hybrid Thermal Core with Industry-First Image Detail Enhancement (IDE) with Manual DSP removes the barriers between 384 and 640 resolution thermal sensors
- Industry-First Super Controller allows instant multiple image adjustments without having to access complicated menus
- Manual Gain, Brightness, Sensitivity and IDE adjustments
- Eye Proximity Sensor
- Ultra-High resolution 1,024 x 678 micro-OLED image display
- Thermal sensor with Shutter-Free and NUC-Free Technology
- Integrated 700m laser rangefinder provides reliable and fast distance readings
- On-board 32GB Video Recording with Quick Start and Battery Save mode & Wi-Fi data streaming
- 2.5x-10x image magnification
- Detection range 1,100yds
- 10 color palettes, each with polarity image inversion
- Super Contrast mode for instant game detection
- Multiple customizable user modes
- User-friendly Bad Pixel Correction mode
- Integrated Tripod Mount
- Product Brochure