Friday The 13th Strikes Fear in the Hearts of many that are Superstitious. Throughout history this number has been seen as unlucky where many tragic events occur.
Is it coincidence then that the Number 12 has emerged as the most complete number in history and civilization?
- 12 Months in a Year
- 12 Zodiac Signs
- 12 Gods of Olympus
- 12 Sons of Odin
- 12 Labors of Hercules
- 12 Hindu Shrines for Shiva
- 12 Successors of Muhammad in Shia Islam
- 12 Tribes of Israel
Even in Biblical references, it seems that the number 13 is associated with unfortunate events, where Jesus was betrayed by Judas, the 13th guest to arrive for the last supper.
You might be thinking, but "Why Friday"? Friday, is considered to be an unlucky day and when combined with the number 13, very ominous events seem to occur. It is believed that Friday was when Jesus was Crucified, when Eve gave Adam the fateful apple from the Tree of knowledge and the day that Cain killed his brother Abel.
Following are some unfortunate events in history that have occurred on Friday the 13th:
- The Famed order of Knights Templar were wiped out by King Philip of France on October 13, 1307
- Wall Street saw its second largest drop in Dow Jones Industrial Average in history on October 13, 1989
- Florida's Hurricane Charley, Kansas's Great Flood of 1951 and Australia's Biggest Wildfire all occurred on Friday the 13th
Now, you might be wondering, "This is a bit random... How does this related to Binoculars?" Well, to be honest, we just thought the superstition around Friday the 13th seemed quite alluring, but when it comes to binoculars we recommend you stick with magnification of less than 12x. Once you go above 12X and above you will have difficulty with stable images ;)